sábado, 20 de octubre de 2012

ROCK PHOTOGRAPHER ETHAN RUSSELL REMEMBERS: WHAT WAS IT REALLY LIKE IN THE 60´s ?


This story is more unlikely when you consider that this passionate fan, for whom “music was everything,” had no formal training in photography, but was imbued with a natural gift for the art form that landed him some big jobs early on. 
That he happened to look like John Lennon helped him get in good with the actual John Lennon, he says, but there was more to it than that. He remembers a photo shoot in London:
“I was nice to his girlfriend,” Russell says. “When I met him Yoko was just coming on the scene, people didn’t know who she was. I was just so enamoured of the entire event. I wasn’t really a photographer, so when we got done doing the first session and the interview at the flat in London we went to EMI and Yoko was there. I didn’t know who she was. I just took pictures of her because John was talking to her. And they were beautiful pictures. The ones of Yoko I thought were better than the ones with John. He loved them. I thought I’d blown the session with John, so I phoned him up – how did I get that number? – and he said, ‘Come on over, we’ll shoot again.’ That I didn’t have any negative energy about me at all helped.”
READ MORE... HERE


That Hippie Penny Lane
Apple

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario