jueves, 13 de diciembre de 2012

DECCO FEATURES - JULIAN LENNON (VIDEO)



WSVN-TV - Artists from around the world are in So-Flo for art Basel and for one artist it's a chance to express himself in a new way. That's because photographer Julian Lennon might be better known as the musician Julian Lennon and the son of beatle, John Lennon. Deco caught up with him at the Morrison Hotel Gallery in dream South Beach. Artists from around the world are in So-Flo for art Basel and for one artist it's a chance to express himself in a new way. That's because photographer Julian Lennon might be better known as the musician Julian Lennon and the son of beatle, John Lennon. Deco caught up with him at the Morrison Hotel Gallery in dream South Beach. 

JULIAN LENNON: "I definitely feel that photography has allowed me to show another side of me a creative side of me that has not been seen before obviously."
Photography has let Julian step out of the shadows of his late father, John Lennon. 
JULIAN LENNON: "It was not something that dad was well known for. It allows be to be judged for my artistry and my work alone which music never allowed me." 
Lennon was a nervous newcomer when he made his Art Basel debut back in 2010. Two years later, he's learned to enjoy the experience.
JULIAN LENNON: "This time around it's a bit more relaxed I mean don't get me wrong there's still a lot of work behind every exhibition, but this time it's been much more of a pleasure much more enjoyable." 
Julian's first bit of photographic fame came with candid photos of his pals in U2. You could say he got a little help from his friends. 
JULIAN LENNON: "Everytime I look at this image myself you know I get goosebumps about it because of the relationship that's involved here."
Lennon's latest works can be seen at overture Miami. He knows Art Basel is the place to be.
JULIAN LENNON: "Behind the main exhibition shows there are dinners and parties, and lunches and it's all about communication and this deal and that deal it's really become a social event." 
No matter how many parties and dinners he has to attend, Julian's going to make time to get to know the 305. 
JULIAN LENNON: "Although I haven't had a moment yet I'm certainly I do have some time off and I will certainly be getting on a bike and driving around trying to absorb some of Miami's culture."


That Hippie Penny Lane
Apple

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario