miércoles, 13 de marzo de 2013

DEVELOPING: PHOTOGRAPHS BY MARY MCCARTNEY


Developing: Photographs by Mary McCartney
The photography of Mary McCartney, daughter of Paul and Linda, will be celebrated in a new exhibition at The Lowry in Salford Quays, Manchester opening this Saturday 16th March.

'Developing: Photographs by Mary McCartney' will run until Sunday 9th June and includes around 50 striking large scale images of many legendary international performers including Helen Mirren, Joni Mitchell, Morrissey and Tracey Emin.
 





In a recent interview with The Observer Mary explained her approach to photography, "I'm always trying to make a connection with the person I'm photographing. I don't want to just come away with a shot that I think is interesting – I also want the subject to like that shot of themselves. I won't go: 'That's great, it doesn't matter what you think, it's going in.' I want it to have a real sense of them."

Mary has also worked several times with her Dad, including shooting the cover of Paul's recent film release, 'Live Kisses'.

For information on the exhibition check out The Lowry's website HERE!

Follow Mary on Instagram HERE!






That Hippie Penny Lane
Apple

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario